Linda Louise McCartney, Lady McCartney (née Eastman, formerly See; September 24, 1941 – April 17, 1998) was an American photographer, musician and animal rights activist. Her father and mother were Lee Eastman and Louise Sara Lindner Eastman.
Linda McCartney was born Linda Louise Eastman, the second-eldest of four children, to Jewish-American parents in New York City.
Siehe auch: Vegetarianism, activism and lifestyle
She had one older brother, John (10 July 1939), and two younger sisters, Laura (born 1947) and Louise Jr. (born 1950). She grew up in the wealthy Scarsdale area of Westchester County, New York and graduated from Scarsdale High School in 1959. Her father was the son of Jewish-Russian immigrants. He changed his name from Leopold Vail Epstein to Lee Eastman, and was not related to George Eastman of Eastman Kodak fame. He was songwriter Jack Lawrence’s attorney, and at his request in 1942, Lawrence, while in the army, wrote a song called „Linda“ in honor of the one-year-old. It was published in 1946, and recorded by Buddy Clark in 1947.
Linda Eastman wuchs in einer wohlhabenden jüdischen New Yorker Familie auf. Ihr Vater, Lee Eastman, betrieb zusammen mit seinem Bruder eine Anwaltskanzlei. Ihre Kunden kamen vorwiegend aus der Musikszene und den bildenden Künsten. Die Familie mütterlicherseits stammte aus Cleveland und besaß dort mehrere Kaufhäuser.
- Behind The Hits: Paul (and Linda) McCartney (wcbsfm.radio.com)
- Linda McCartney: Life in Photographs – Phillips de Pury Gallery June 7-June 16 (winningreview.wordpress.com)
- Linda McCartney, Life In Photographs (musicofourheart.wordpress.com)
- Linda McCartney’s Private Photos Of Paul And Other Rock ‚N‘ Roll Legends (thenewspundit.com)
- VIDEO: Linda McCartney’s photographs on show (bbc.co.uk)
- Linda McCartney Life in Photographs book (adteclondon.wordpress.com)
- Linda McCartney: Cuộc sống trong những bức ảnh (tiendatle.wordpress.com)
- Linda McCartney photographs‘ reveal intimate family moments (telegraph.co.uk)
- Film History – Week 2 (tadtown.wordpress.com)
- Is Eastman Kodak the Perfect Stock? (fool.com)
- Diary Extra: Paul McCartney & the Wings at Montreaux in 1972 (wzlx.radio.com)